- International Practice
- Broker-Dealer and Market Regulation
- Labor and Employment
- Climate Change
- Corporate and Securities
- Private Client Services
- Educational Institutions
- Private Investment Funds
- Public Finance
- Environmental Strategies
- Real Estate and Projects
- Securities Regulation
- Financial Institutions
- Strategic Communications
- Financial Restructuring
- Intellectual Property
- White Collar Defense
- Internal Investigations
- News & Publications
- Rankings & Awards
Private Investment Funds
Bracewell & Giuliani’s private investment funds practice focuses on comprehensive legal solutions to the unique challenges of the world’s leading private equity and hedge funds. We regularly handle a variety of complex corporate, finance and restructuring transactions, including:
- Acquisitions, investments and dispositions
- Fund formation & organization
- Portfolio company representation
- Securities trading and capital structure arbitrage
- Special situations, including in-court and out-of-court financial restructuring
The private investment funds group, coupled with our internationally recognized financial restructuring and energy practices, has developed a unique focus on funds pursuing energy infrastructure investments as well as opportunities-driven special situations/distressed investments. Our team of leading corporate and finance lawyers regularly draw upon lawyers in our firm's tax, litigation, broker-dealer & market regulation, government and regulatory, employment and benefits, labor, intellectual property, environmental, and real estate practices.
- Represented Rockland Capital, LLC in its purchase of substantially all of the assets of Beacon Power Corporation and Stephentown Regulation Services LLC, through a section 363 sale process in the sellers’ bankruptcy proceedings.
- Represented USAA Real Estate in the purchase of 49% of the equity interest of Square Mile Capital Management, LLC, an investment advisor to a series of private equity funds focused on investing in distressed real estate, and related general partner interests in future funds advised by Square Mile.
- Represented the Management Group Comprised of James H. Lee and Coby Stilp, in the acquisition of all outstanding limited and general partnership interests in Austin Capital Management, a fund of funds manager that, directly or indirectly, controls a portfolio of funds with an approximate aggregate net asset value of $160 million.
Represented MatlinPatterson Global Advisors in a follow-on investment to their $37 million acquisition of Crescent Resources LLC, a land development company.