- International Practice
- Broker-Dealer and Market Regulation
- Labor and Employment
- Climate Change
- Corporate and Securities
- Private Client Services
- Educational Institutions
- Private Investment Funds
- Public Finance
- Environmental Strategies
- Real Estate and Projects
- Securities Regulation
- Financial Institutions
- Strategic Communications
- Financial Restructuring
- Intellectual Property
- White Collar Defense
- Internal Investigations
- News & Publications
- Rankings & Awards
Texas Government Relations
The firm's tradition of involvement in public policy issues in Texas can be traced back to one of our name partners and a member of the Texas Senate in his day, Searcy Bracewell. At Bracewell & Giuliani, we are proud of our tradition of public service and of our ability to effectively represent the interests of our clients in all aspects of their dealings with state government.
As Texas leads the nation in growth, public policy issues confronting the state and our clients have grown increasingly complex. While the regular sessions of the Texas Legislature arise for 140 days every other year, interim studies, rulemakings, regulatory proceedings and other business of government mean that the business of government moves forward every day.
Our clients have included companies from diverse sectors of the economy, including information technology, internet networking, renewable energy, refining and petrochemicals, healthcare, financial services and local government.
Our clients depend on our team of experienced professionals to advise them on the legal, legislative and regulatory developments of state government that impact their business and operations. In terms of their knowledge of both the substance and the process of state government, our Texas Government Relations and Advocacy team is unrivaled.
Services delivered through our Texas Government Relations practice include:
- Representation on legislative issues, including monitoring and reporting on legislative developments, drafting legislation and legislative testimony, legislative strategy development, and legislative advocacy;
- Representation of client interests in trade associations and other industry organizations;
- Development and management of legislative coalitions;
- Representation in rulemaking and other regulatory proceedings before state agencies;
- Representation on issues relating to government procurement; and
- Advice on state ethics and campaign finance laws.