- International Practice
- Real Estate and Projects
- Broker-Dealer and Market Regulation
- Financial Institutions
- Labor and Employment
- Securities Regulation
- Climate Change
- Financial Restructuring
- Strategic Communications
- Corporate and Securities
- Private Client Services
- Educational Institutions
- Intellectual Property
- Private Investment Funds
- Internal Investigations
- Public Finance
- White Collar Defense
- Environmental Strategies
25 Old Broad Street
Bracewell & Giuliani’s London office is solely dedicated to the energy sector, focusing on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, finance and project development transactions in the oil, gas and power industries.
At the hub of our European and emerging markets practice, our London-based lawyers represent many of the world’s leading energy companies on global projects and have assisted multinational companies, banks and governments on projects in every continent.
The team’s oil and gas experience includes advising on all segments of the industry, from upstream exploration and production, to midstream pipelines, transportation and storage, including LNG, and downstream refining and marketing. Our lawyers have also advised on complex and large-scale petrochemicals projects.
Our experience in the power industry includes acting on some of the world’s largest and most innovative conventional power projects (both M&A and project development and financing) and also comprises deep knowledge of the renewables sector, including solar, wind, hydro, and thermal.
Recently, our London office has acted for:
- Apache Corporation on its disposal of its entire business in Argentina to YPF S.A. for US$800 million.
- Caracal Energy on a US$250 million reserve-based secured facility for the development of its Chad assets. This was the first reserve-based lending deal in Chad.
- Impact Oil & Gas on its acquisition of Black Star Petroleum Plc., an African focused oil exploration company with assets in Guinea-Bissau and a Namibia farm-in.
- Deutsche Bank in relation to a US$76 million facility for Gasol plc.
- HSBC on a US$100 million secured revolving credit facility for KrisEnergy, an independent upstream E&P company with a focus on Southeast Asia.
- San Leon Energy (AIM traded E&P company focusing on unconventional oil & gas reserves in Europe and North Africa) in relation to its £31 million placing.
Bracewell & Giuliani (UK) LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in New York, USA.
Bracewell & Giuliani (UK) LLP is a ‘recognised body’ as defined in the Solicitors Code of Conduct 2011, authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority in the United Kingdom. The members of Bracewell & Giuliani (UK) LLP are solicitors or registered foreign lawyers authorized to practice in England & Wales and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority in the United Kingdom. Its SRA number is 555941.
Julian T. Nichol
Bracewell & Giuliani (UK) LLP